Wednesday, March 30

Singer spams entire Facebook friend list with song

I assume when someone posts a song that they created on my wall, they want me to give my input. That's fair, right? I mean, you can't just go around spamming every single person in your friend list on Facebook with your synthesized symphony and not expect some feedback, correct? But I'm just going to leave it at that. You be the judge.  Because if I were to judge this, I might make Simon Cowell look like Jennifer Lopez...



A few words of advice. If you want to make it as a musician, then don't force anyone to listen to your stuff by spamming 300 people's walls. Let people find you. Make a fan page on Facebook, create a Twitter, start a blog with a Twitter feed and fan page badge to link it all together.  Then upload your music to Mediafire or Megaupload so people can download it and have it on their iPods and stereos. Get a PureVolume account and open up a MySpace music profile. Take your music off of clunky Youtube and only upload it to Soundcloud. Put up flyers, call every single club you know of and perform live. Find a real producer or engineer and beg them to help you not sound like you are singing from inside a tin can. Don't go blasting everyone you don't even talk to anymore with videos that contain pictures from Google Images and Picniking your name in order to build a following. But what do I know, my band only performed at the 2008 Lutheran North Talent show with the elusive APF4 on the ivories... 

By Aaron Brandt, noted Hormel spiced ham critic.