Monday, September 6

"How To Handle An Active Shooter"

Hello, I know it's been a while; I just haven't found anything interesting to put up until now. I saw this video a while back, and I think this should be required viewing for all students from college on down. The fact that a guy was willing to hold Discovery Channel hostage shows just what kind of messed up world we live in today. I don't see why high schools and colleges do not have a realistic drill or live action scenario for when a shooter is in the building. Turning off the lights and staying quiet is great in the best case scenario, but what if it was during an assembly, basketball game or lunch period? "Not initiating or taking action will get you killed." I guess that means our cute little red card, green card system at my old high school won't be helping a whole lot...which reminds me about a blog I will eventually write about guns on campus...not as ridiculous as you think. Instead of getting Jasooooon Deeruuuulooo for GVSU's homecoming, maybe we should bring this dude in for a seminar.

Protect - How to Handle an Active Shooter from Andrew Muscato on Vimeo.


Also, I made a fan page for SwimmersItch Videos, and I promise I will put more up soon. Become a fan here-http://www.facebook.com/pages/Swimmers-Itch-Videos/107991662559014