Tuesday, March 31

Tim Tebow


Tim Tebow is the man. The quarterback at The University of Florida has won two national championships and a Heisman trophy. He will return to Florida for his senior year to go for a third title. I just saw on ESPN that they have put up a plaque on Ben Hill Griffin Stadium memorializing his words after a loss to Mississippi in 2008. Here is what he said. “I’m sorry. Extremely sorry. We were looking for an undefeated season. That was my goal, something Florida’s never done here. But I promise you one thing: A lot of good will come out of this. You have never seen any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season, and you will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season. You never see a team play harder than we will the rest of the season. God bless.” You don't see this very often. A star athlete taking responsibility for his or her play in a loss. They blame the refs, the coach, teammates, fans, and family members, but rarely themselves. But Tebow didn't just throw his words out there fro no reason; he backed them up. He went out and won that championship. In a world of crybaby soccer players, egotistical baseball players, and moronic basketball players, Tebow stands out. This speech reminded me of a scene from my favorite movie, Miracle, where coach Herb Brooks prepares his team to face the USSR. Enjoy.