Wednesday, October 29

Why UPS people carry pepper spray

Cue "The Final Countdown", because tonight is game one of the Detroit Pistons 2008-2009 season. The ballers from the motor city will take on the Indiana Pacers at the Palace of Auburn Hills. A new season with the same goal: an NBA championship. However, I do not think this is going to be a great season. The Pistons are stuck in am awkward transition period. They have been loyal to their players unlike any other team; the core of Billups, Hamilton, Wallace, and Prince has been together since 2004. This is unheard of in a league where Michal Jordan can come back with a team other than the Bulls. On the other side, the team does have a strong core of young players, such as Jason Maxiel, Amir Johnson, and Rodney Stuckey. These players should be getting much more playing time, but the franchises loyalty to the fantastic four will not allow it. I understand that the veterans were a part of the great 2004 championship, and they have been so cohesive for so long, but it is time to move on. Sheed is so old that he is an average player even when he wants to play. Chauncey no longer goes as hard to the basket as he used to, Hamilton is past his prime, and Prince has not improved in 3 years. I think the Pistons should let go of the past and move on. It was time to break up the core 2 years ago. In the spring we will see the same results; a loss in the Eastern Conference finals, if they make it that far. They should have made a move while the core had a higher value. Now, they will get little more than salary cap space for the core. Its time to move on Joe.
While on the topic of the Pistons, I would like to bring up an issue that has concerned me for the past two years.
As soon as the Pistons drafted Rodney Stuckey, I thought he had a striking resemblance to rapper 50 Cent.
Well, this summer, I made some calls, and I was able to have them meet each other in person. See for yourself.
I was right. Physically. Career-wise however, they are quite opposite. Stuckey has great potential to dominate basketball. 50 is well past his prime, yet he continues to act like he is the greatest entertainer ever. I mean its been 5 years since "In Da Club" came out. 50, you ain't no Stuckey.
In other news, I received my second and third free packages in the mail.
The first was a poster that shows a cow and says "see her as more than a meal."
It is from PETA and encourages me not to murder the souls of the bovine species.
I had a cheeseburger last night.
The second package was a Betty Crocker Molten Cake Mix.
All I have to do is add water and microwave! In order to
get the packages, I had to go to the mail center. I figured this would be similar to a post office: clean, organized, and bright.
However, this room could be the shadiest place in Grand Valley.
It is a mess, smells like pizza, it is dark, and crowded full of suspicios charactars milling around my precious boxed goods.
So if you do plan on sending a package to your favorite blogger,
don't label it in any way. Just brown boxes people. Have a splendid day,
Aaron

P.S. I bought an air freshener (lilac) and it smells very nice in here.